Saturday, October 27, 2012

Memory

Using my memory I had a go at stitching the ailerons ribs yesterday -which just goes to show that you shouldn't always rely on it!  AS I was doing it I felt that I was on the right lines but there was a niggling thought in the back of my mind that perhaps I hadn't got it quite right.  Marty confirmed the latter!  He's a great teacher because he didn't criticize what I'd done -he just showed me how it should have been done -and then the REAL memory banks kicked in.  Of course, THAT's how you do it!  (The temperatures are starting to climb so it won't bee too long before we can tape and dope both ailerons.)

What it is to have good company around you.  As part of this 'good company' I was able to help out our mentor Graham by swapping over his lower seat belts for mine -his were too short for his latest project while mine were OK and his won't cause us any problems.

Just waiting for Rex to finish off the final lower wing and then we'll be into trial rigging. Still aiming for Easter, but after this last lot of stitching, maybe it might take a tad longer than I was hoping for. Will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment