Monday, December 19, 2011

Not so Happy Feet?

Had my second lesson this morning and found that whilst I'd sort of overcome the stick business (still a bit of a way to go yet), the dancing feet aspect of it has yet to be fully appreciated.   One problem appears to be that my legs are too short! Unfortunately, the seat is not adjustable, so my toes are trying to control the rudder pedals while my heels are attempting to control the brakes.  It makes for a rather erratic advance across the airfield with regrettably almost constant admonitions emanating from the rear seat about "Keep her straight, Eric!" and "Use a bit of brake, Eric!".

They do say that Rome wasn't built in a day, so I will take heart from that and gird my loins for another attempt tomorrow morning when there may be less talk from the back and more walk from the front......  But don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment