Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happier -if tired- feet

OK, I'm onto my 3rd lesson now and am starting to get the hang of things.  Having been used to the Tecnam where I just needed to use my toes (basically), it's getting used to not only the combination of toes and heels (brakes), but also the whole leg (to get the required leverage).  Next time I'll be taking a cushion (for the back, not the other part) and see how we get on then. Still having to get the brain around the need to push the stick forward while still trying to steer a straight-ish line during take-off.  It will come!

 I must say that I have MUCH more respect for those tyros of WW1 now.  Not that I didn't before, but now it's starting to really hit home.  Admittedly they didn't have brakes to worry about but they had to have another skill of trying to manoeuvre around with just the rudder, the engine and the control column.

Finally to my 3 followers -and the rest of you:

No comments:

Post a Comment