Wednesday, February 10, 2016

One small step...

My, how time flies! I see it's some time since I last posted anything -let's put that down to the holiday season and a few other things.  Like our main wing man went down with severe back pain and has been 'hors de combat' ever since. In fact so bad that he has had to pull out of the completion of the project.  All is not lost, however, as the aircraft has been moved to JEM Aviation's main hangar for completion.  I'm hoping for this Southern summer but will have to see, of course.
 
Meantime I'm working on completing the Lewis gun fitting for the top wing. As well as giving my CFI a work-out for his heart as we continue to strive to reach the required standards in the Piper Cub. I'm somewhat proud to say that progress is in fact being made! So his heart rate doesn't have to suffer quite so much as it did during my first attempts.
 
And, of course, I have to get down to the question of the paperwork; it seems it's not as onerous as I first feared (according to our Sports Aviation people).  I just have to register our preferred registration letters with the Civil Aviation Authority and the Sports people take over from there. So, onward and upward!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment