Sunday, February 21, 2016

Boo Hoo!

My training on the Cub has come to a sudden halt. Nothing to do with me I hasten to add! At our (MAC) recent 'Healthy Bastards' flying competition, someone borrowed the Cub for the Short Take Off and Landing competition. It appears he got a bit overenthusiastic in the Landing bit, braked too hard and put the aircraft on its nose. So, it needs a new prop and engine but how long this will take no-one yet knows.  Meantime the aeroclub is hunting around for a temporary replacement since that was the only taildragger on the books. Bummer!

However next month (March) I have to do some flying on the Dynamic to maintain my microlight licence so the birds can't relax just yet!

And the paperwork for the Nieuport has started: I have just paid for the reservation of the rego ZK-XVI (valid for 2 years); it should be flying well within that period (I hope!). No guesses needed for why I chose those letters.....

No comments:

Post a Comment