Saturday, October 17, 2015

Tail dragging

Image result for Marlborough Aero Club+ERB
No, this is not the Omaka airfield!
Had my first experience in the Cub since about 4 years ago - boy what a difference to the Dynamic and its conventional' undercarriage! Much slower (so there is more time to think about what you're doing -at least in the air...) but landing is much harder work.  My CFI congratulated me on managing to stay on the runway rather than careering off into the long grass, but have to say it's pretty hairy trying to keep a straight line.  I must consciously train my legs and feet to be a bit more mobile than they have been up to now!  Next lesson next week so will see how we progress on that.

 
Meantime Rex has managed to put his back out while shifting furniture for his house move so there could be a bit more time in the hangar than I was hoping for. Still, Rome wasn't built in a day -I wonder what the Romans would have thought if they'd been confronted by aircraft such as ours.  A basis for a fantasy novel, perhaps? 

No comments:

Post a Comment