Thursday, August 9, 2012

Still All Quiet on the Southern Front, but...

We've now gone from just cold to cold and WET!  I might have to think about changing the undercarriage to floats....

However there is another skill awaiting me when it does warm and/or dry up:  riveting.  There are a couple of largish inspection panels that need to be attached and our engineer has strongly suggested that instead of using wood screws we use nuts and bolts -with the nuts being attached by rivets to the wooden panels.

Whoever said you can't teach old dogs new tricks?  Actually, I'd better wait and see how it turns out before I boast about THAT one; you know: "Pride comes before a Fall" and all that.

Oh yes, I have made some progress on covering the ailerons so I haven't been all that idle.  Meantime Ebay is capturing my attention with those silk cards: you win some, you lose some.  (A bit like the Olympics, I guess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment