Thursday, June 23, 2011

A bit of filosofising: control or not?

Well, I did say this was ageing thoughts.......

As Pooh is said: "Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits".  I've been doing a bit of the first. Thinking back over the years you get to wondering about all the decisions you make in Life and whether you really had any contol over them or not.  I imagine a tree where as a babe you are the trunk and as you get older you reach a choice of branches. As you age and get taller, you get a choice of smaller branches before getting onto twigs and buds.  So, depending on which choices you made you could end up on any side of the tree, half way up or all the way to the top.  But then what about all the people you interact with and their 'trees'? Some will have no effect but others will so their 'tree' must touch yours somewhere. Which then leads to you living in not just a forest but a closely entangled jungle.

Hmm.  I think I'll go back to just sitting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment